So, who is Pack 28?
- Cub Scout Pack 28 is chartered by the Mid-America TEEN CERT.
- We are located in St. Peters, MO.
- We currently have 11 Dens and about 95 Scouts.
- We are part of the Boone Trails District and Greater St. Louis Area Council.
I’ve signed up with Pack 28, what happens now?
- You will be assigned to a Den and contacted by your new Den Leader.
Refer to the Dens page for a list of Dens and their Leaders.
What is a Den and Den Meeting?
- Each boy is assigned to a “Den”; a group of about 6-8 boys of the same age.
- The Dens meet 1-2 times per month, usually at one of the member’s home, to have fun and work toward completing activities and achievements. The Scout’s Families and Den Leader determine meeting times and locations.
What is the Pack and Pack Meetings?
- All of the Dens at Fairmount make up the Pack (Pack 28).
- Once a month, all the Dens meet together in a Pack Meeting. The Pack Meetings are for all of the Scouts and their Families; and consist of Awards, Recognition, Songs & Skits, and Announcements (all of the boy’s major awards and badges are presented at Pack Meetings). We try to keep the meeting to about a half-hour, and then we have some fun – an activity or special guest.
- Unless otherwise announced, Pack Meetings are the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Fairmount Elementary School Cafeteria.
What is a Committee Meeting?
- Pack 28 is run by the Pack Committee. The Committee Meeting is an Adult Only administrative and planning meeting – this is where the business end of our organization takes place. All Den Leaders and Pack Leaders attend the meeting; however, any Adult is welcome and encouraged to attend the Committee Meetings. Scouting is a volunteer organization, and we are always looking for parents who are willing to help, even in the smallest way. The Pack cannot survive if we do not have sufficient adult leadership.
- Unless otherwise announced, Committee Meetings are the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Cubmaster’s home.
How will I know what the Pack is doing?
- The best way to stay informed is to attend your Den Meetings and the Pack Meetings.
- Upcoming Pack Activities are discussed at the monthly Committee Meetings & Pack Meetings, and your Den Leader will relay information to you at your Den Meetings.
- Periodically, a Pack Newsletter is published and will be delivered to all pack members through your Den Leader (it is also available on the Pack 28 Website on the Pack Newsletters page).
- Email reminders of upcoming pack activities are also sent out a few days in advance of each activity; contact your Den Leader to sign up for the Pack 28 Email List.
- At any time, if you have questions, feel free to call your Den Leader or any of the Pack Leaders.
- And of course, check the Pack 28 website on a regular basis.
Who are the Pack Leaders?
- The Pack Committee Members are the leaders of our Pack, and consist of the following committee positions:
- Assistant Cubmaster
- Committee Chair
- All Den Leaders
- Membership Chair
- Awards Chair
- Secretary / Newsletter Editor
- Outdoor Classroom Coordinator
- Camping Coordinator
- Recruiting Chair
- All of our leaders are Parents of Scouts, who have graciously volunteered their time and effort to make this program successful.
- Refer to the Pack Committee page for a list of the current committee members.
How can I help the Pack?
- There are many ways you can help Pack 28:
- Please consider being a Den Leader or Assistant Leader; it is a very rewarding experience, and you will make a huge impact on the lives of our young Scouts.
- Or consider serving in a Pack Committee Position.
- Or volunteer to help plan an individual Pack Activity.
- We are always in need of new volunteers, due to the simple fact that the boys graduate from Cub Scouts and move on the Boy Scouts, and of course their Parents go with them!
Where can I get more information about Scouting?
- Refer to the Scouting Links and Leader Resources pages for links to additional information about Scouting.
We are very excited that you are a part of Cub Scouts and Pack 28 — Welcome!!